An update to Whiddon Hornsby families
24 September 2020
Update on visitation at Whiddon Hornsby
We are pleased to share that NSW Health has lifted visitor restrictions in the Hornsby local government area, so we are now in the position to resume visitation to Whiddon Hornsby.
We know that this has been a challenging time for everyone and we want to thank you for your understanding and support. We have had no cases of COVID-19 at any of Whiddon’s aged care homes.
Visits will be via a booking system (bookings essential) and visits can be booked to take place on weekdays (booked through Whiddon Hornsby’s administration team). For exceptions to this, please contact Suzie Madden, Director Care Services for approval. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
For the health and safety of all residents, visitors and employees, there are important precautionary measures that we need to ensure. Please note the following:
- All visitors are required to wear a mask when visiting Whiddon Hornsby
- Please do not visit if you have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days or to any listed COVID-19 hotspots
- Please do not visit if you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
- Practice hand hygiene when you enter or leave the care home
- There is a maximum of two visitors per visit with a resident
- Please do not visit if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone unwell
- Please do not meet in common areas. Go directly to your loved one’s room or designated area
- You must show evidence of your 2020 flu vaccination (as required by the Government)
- Adhere to physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m from employees and other residents
- Children under 16 years of age may visit our care homes, but must be supervised at all times
Please also share this information with any family or friends who may wish to visit.
Once again, we thank you for your cooperation during this time. For further information, please contact our 1300 738 388 customer relations line or speak to the Director Care Services.