Care Service Employee – Cleaning & Laundry
ABOUT THE ROLE
A wonderful opportunity has become available for an experienced Care Services Employee within cleaning and laundry to join our fantastic teams at Redhead and Belmont. Working across the two services, this position will be on a part-time basis 24 hours a fortnight. This position will be responsible for providing quality cleaning and laundry services to create a comfortable home and working environment for residents and staff.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, your will be responsible for:
- Providing cleaning/laundry services as required by daily, weekly, monthly and special needs schedules, or as required by senior staff;
- Follows infection control procedures by using colour coded cleaning equipment appropriately.
- Following chemical handling procedures by using chemicals supplied, using chemicals as documented in Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) or the supplier, and storing and labelling chemicals.
- Following Safe Work Practices and equipment manuals to use cleaning equipment safely and effectively.
- Following documentation procedures such as the completion of cleaning schedules and other documentation such as Accident Incident Reports.
- Acting as a client advocate by reporting concerns regarding client services or client rights to senior staff.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Commitment to providing a high standard of customer service and meeting the needs of clients;
- Commitment to enhancing the quality of life of older persons in our communities;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task;
- Introductory computer skills;
- Previous experience within the aged care environment (desirable);
- The right to work in Australia