Care Services Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has become available at Whiddon’s Easton Park Service at Glenfield for a Registered Nurse with management experience to take the next step in their career.
Easton Park is set on 22 acres, with 5 Residential buildings, 4 Dementia Specific units and 2 High Care units, onsite kitchen and laundry facilities we provide care to over 550 residents.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, you will be responsible for leading and supporting the care teams to maximise the quality of life for up to 160 residents. Being so large, Easton Park offers this role support you will not find anywhere else. This includes, but is not limited to, the support of; an on-site quality and risk team, a hospitality team, HR, lifestyle and leisure manager, and ‘out of hours’ managers. There is also a team of peers who work really well together and support each other.
Offering fantastic managerial exposure and work/life balance (no on-call), this position is looking for an exceptional leader who has the vision and capability to take our service from strength to strength.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will:
- Empower teams to achieve Whiddon’s MyLife Model of Care and ensure clinical, emotional, and social wellbeing needs and choices of each residents are supported.
- Achieve service goals and KPIs such as; clinical indicators, occupancy, ACFI, etc….
- Foster a culture where learning, service, accountability, safety, improvement and team work is encouraged, supported and valued.
- Lead, support and manage the teams to be high performing.
- Champion and advocate residents’ rights to ensure residents are supported to make their own choices and respected as individuals.
- Foster a culture of openness and responsiveness to feedback and concerns
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience leading a quality driven team focusing on providing individualised care services, including compliance, financial management.
- Experience in managing ACFI including documentation and assessment.
- Excellent clinical skills and management experience in an aged care service including dementia support and an understanding of the regulatory requirements of the industry.
- Highly organised, flexible and committed to exceptional resident care;
- Ability to meet goals and Key Performance Indicators; clinical indicators, occupancy, ACFI.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk;
- Ability to create sustainable and positive relationships with colleagues, residents, families and visiting allied health specialists;
- The right to work unlimited hours in Australia.
- Qualifications in health, business, training or others that may be relevant will be highly regarded but not essential.