Chef (Hospitality Team Leader)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our goal is to enrich the lives of older people and to do this we value our staff and empower them to work in a supportive and collaborative manner to build an outstanding service.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced and passionate Chef to join our Kelso residential team on a permanent full time basis. If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognizes the contribution of staff through education and support programs, then this position is for you.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- VETAB accredited Certificate IV in relevant area
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing food services, preferably in aged care
- Good knowledge of Food Regulations
- Commitment to providing high standard of customer service
- Comfortable conversing with our clients
- The right to work in Australia.
- Be a natural leader with a unique approach to staff training.
- Possess experience in kitchen administration/organisation, including ordering of produce, stock control and food cost control.
- It is imperative that the individual can navigate a team to success through leadership, training, and food safety compliance.
- Be able to maintain documentation as required within the food safety program.
- Provide support to the Domestic-Cleaning team particularly around overseeing paperwork compliance.
- Have Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Will have the ability to foster positive relationships with staff and residents.
- Have experience within the food industry, including the delivery of quality safe food.
- Able to maintain a calm and respectful demeanor at all times.
- Have a VETAB accredited Certificate IV in relevant area (or working towards or equivalent)
- Have excellent written and communication skills.
- While previous experience within the aged care and health industry will be highly regarded and is preferred, it is not a requirement.