ABOUT THE ROLE
Whiddon’s Easton Park Aged Care Service at Glenfield provides services for over 500 residents in 5 Residential buildings with an onsite centralised kitchen, dining rooms and serveries in each building, 2 cafes and a function centre. An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified and passionate Cook to join the Easton Park Catering team. This role is to create and produce meals for our residents, functions and cafes. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking for a new experience working with a creative and innovative team.
This position works 45 hours per fortnight.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 6.30am – 2.30pm
However flexible hours may be required.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- VETAB accredited Certificate IV in relevant area
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- experience providing food services, preferably in aged care
- General knowledge of Food Regulations
- Commitment to providing high standard of customer service
- Comfortable conversing with our clients
- The right to work in Australia.
While previous experience within the aged care industry will be highly regarded and is preferred, it is not a requirement.
The Cook is responsible for effectively providing quality food services for the clients, families and employees of Whiddon. In carrying out this role, the Cook is responsible for:
- Cook, create and execute all kitchen cooking operations in adherence of our food safety plan.
- Coordinating food and beverage services by ensuring services are provided as planned and in a timely manner.
- Planning food and beverage services, and stock ordering and control.
- Compliance to the company’s menu.
- Participate with required meetings internal and external.
- Providing food and beverage services such as meal preparation, meal presentation, setting and clearing dining areas.
- Providing cleaning services such as cleaning kitchen/dining areas, cleaning food service equipment, and washing up.
- Supporting senior staff to evaluate food services by reviewing client complaints, minimising wastage, reviewing stock ordering and use, and adjusting menus to better meet client needs.
- Following the company’s food safety program and conducting internal food audits throughout the year.
- Ensuring all food safety compliance paperwork is maintained in an orderly manner.
- May be required to assist in other food operations from time to time.
- Drive the catering team in enhancing the food safety and dining services.
- Provide feedback on equipment and general kitchen operational issues.