Director Care Service (Residential Manager)
An exciting opportunity has become available to lead our residential care service located in Largs NSW. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Director of Care Services is responsible for leading a dynamic and diverse team by actively promoting the culture of Whiddon and ensuring all activities are conducted in a manner which supports Whiddon purpose and Values. You will be responsible for nurturing and building relationships with key government agencies, undertaking regular reviews of the services operations and providing comprehensive reports to the Regional Manager.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional leader who has a vision for the future, with strong management or leadership experience in aged or health care.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Tertiary qualifications in nursing
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Related qualifications and competence in geriatric’s and/or dementia or demonstrated competence in these areas
- Proven experience working in the aged and/or health care sectors
- Demonstrated sound financial management including budget preparation and control
- Demonstrated experience working in previous management positions, with experience leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Intermediate knowledge and skills of technology, including Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- The right to work in Australia
- Ensure the effective day to day management of the services operations including the provision of leadership, direction and coordination of staff
- Actively promote the desired culture of Whiddon by ensuring all activities are conducted in a manner which supports the stated Purpose and Values.
- Ensure effective and mutually beneficial relationships are developed and maintained through effective contribution to and communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure effective working relationships exist with key Government agencies such as Area Health Services and Accreditation bodies.
- Undertake regular reviews the services operations to ensure that they continue to meet the needs of Whiddon, its staff and clients.
- Provide comprehensive performance reporting to the Residential Care General Managers and Head Office Departments.
- Manage the application and implementation of policies, procedures and other information associated with the maximisation of funding, accreditation processes and complaints management processes.
- Ensure budgets are being managed correctly and compliance maintained with a range of legislation such as the Aged Care Act (1997).