Food Services Manager- Head Chef
ABOUT THE ROLE
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced and passionate Head Chef to join our Redhead service on a permanent full time basis. This dynamic position involves managing the catering operation across our Redhead and Belmont services, with construction currently underway to expand our Redhead Service with relocation to a newly constructed state of the art Kitchen as part of the expansion in 2019.
If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly, have a VETAB accredited qualification and previous experience in a Head Chef position, this may be the position for you.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires a creative and hands on Chef, responsible for the production and distribution of traditional and contemporary styles of food. Reporting to the Director of Care Services the successful individual will-
- Oversee the kitchen and catering services that currently provides meals for Redhead 60 beds and Belmont 53 beds with construction underway to expand the Redhead complex to 175 beds;
- Provide leadership and navigate the team to success through training, and adhering to food safety compliance;
- Oversee all kitchen administration services including the ordering of stock, stock control, food cost control and budgeting;
- Maintain documentation as required within the food safety program;
- Provide support to the Domestic-Cleaning team particularly around overseeing paperwork compliance;
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant specialist qualification;
- Significant experience working with, leading and managing a team;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Organisational skills, be flexible and committed to providing exceptional customer service;
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs;
- Ability to foster positive relationships with staff and residents;
- Experience with Cook Fresh processes, ordering and stock control;
- Demonstrated leadership and training skills;
- Previous experience within the food industry, including the delivery of quality safe food. While previous experience with function catering is not essential, it would be considered an asset in this position;
- Previous experience within the to aged care and health industry, including general knowledge of the Guidelines for food service to vulnerable persons food regulation, will be highly regarded;
- The right to work in Australia.