Home Care Employee
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has become available for multiple Home Care Employee’s to join the Far North Coast Community Care team on a casual basis with the potential to go permanent part-time for the right candidates. If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly and people with a disability and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognizes the contribution of staff through education and support programs then this position is for you.
- Provide personal care and hospitality services to meet the needs of clients, such as showering, dressing, assistance with meals, cleaning and tidying, laundry and preparation of light meals and snacks.
- Provide social assistance to meet the needs of clients such as shopping, attendance at client appointments, and running errands for clients.
- Support the Community Care team to provide services to clients by following the Care Plan.
- Be a champion for client rights and the creation of a culture where clients are respected as individuals and reporting and addressing of client related concerns is supported.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Experience in the provision of community-based services to older people and/or clients with a disability
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A commitment to care of older people and people with disabilities, with an emphasis on maximizing their independence
- Certificate III Assistant in Nursing, in Aged Care or Community Care or working towards same
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Third Party Insured vehicle
- The right to work in Australia.