ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has become available for multiple Home Care Employee’s to join the Beaudesert Community Care team on a casual basis. If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly and people with a disability and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognises the contribution of staff through education and support programs then this position is for you.
- Acts as a professional, friendly point of contact for clients, families and others.
- Provides personal care services to meet the needs of clients, such as showering, toileting, dressing, assistance with meals, oral and dental care, foot care.
- Provides hospitality services to meet the needs of clients such as cleaning and tidying, laundry, washing dishes and preparation of light meals and snacks.
- Provides social assistance to meet the needs of clients such as shopping, attendance at client appointments, and running errands for clients.
- Supports the community services team to provide services to clients by following the Care or Service Plan.
- Complies with funds handling requirements.
- Follows documentation procedures such as documenting services provided, and completing other documentation such as Accident Incident Reports.
- Acts as a client advocate by reporting client concerns regarding client services or client rights to senior staff.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Experience in the provision of community-based services to older people and/or clients with a disability
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A commitment to care of older people and people with disabilities, with an emphasis on maximising their independence
- Certificate III Assistant in Nursing, in Aged Care or Community Care or working towards same
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Third Party Insured vehicle
- Completed NDIS Safeguards Training
- The right to work in Australia.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.