ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you looking for a tree change or an opportunity to relocate to a rural and remote part of Australia? Following some recent changes to our aged care homes in Bourke and Walgett an exciting and rare opportunity has become available for an experienced and passionate Registered Nurse to step up and oversee our two aged care homes.
This role will see the successful individual leading a small team and overseeing the clinical care provided to our residents. This role will also involve coordinating services with corporate office, heads of department, as well as external contractors and service providers across the two locations.
This exciting opportunity offers:
- The potential to earn $32.12 – $40.18 per hour based on experience;
- A company vehicle for all travel;
- Relocation assistance;
About Whiddon Bourke
Our residential care home at Bourke offers residential care services in a home-like environment. Our care home is much like a vibrant family home, with just 12 private rooms, each with an ensuite bathroom and garden or courtyard access off a patio area.
About Whiddon Walgett
Walgett is a rural town on the banks of the Namoi and Barwon Rivers in North Western NSW. Our home has expansive landscaped lawns and gardens, and we are just across the road from the District Hospital. We offer 8 private rooms with ensuite bathrooms and garden views.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing clinical service outcomes. This could include ensuring compliance with policy and legislation, evaluating clinical services, supporting employees to develop their clinical skills, resolving stakeholder problems and concerns.
- Managing hospitality service outcomes. This could include ensuring compliance with policy and legislation, seeking assistance from corporate office in specialised areas, evaluating hospitality services, supporting employees to develop their skills, and resolving stakeholder problems and concerns.
- Managing employees within the service unit. This could include allocating staff resources, initiating performance management processes, identifying learning and development needs, and resolving staff issues.
- Supporting the DCS/RMN to meet financial and budgetary goals. This could include coordinating Aged Care Funding Instrument processes, rostering effectively to control wage costs, analysing service delivery area expenditure, and evaluating resource usage.
- Supporting the DCS/RMN to plan services for the service unit. This could include participating in service unit workforce and annual planning processes.
- Fostering a culture where learning, service, safety, improvement and team work is encouraged, supported and valued.
- Advocating client rights and the creation of a culture where clients are respected as individuals, and reporting of client related concerns is supported.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Proven skills in clinical care, clinical decision making and palliation;
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency;
- Enjoys the challenge of managing the care team and supporting their care delivery to our residents;
- Previous experience in a leadership role;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- High level clinical assessment skills;
- Ability to drive the ACFI process;
- Ability to manage complex health care requirements;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Basic understanding of financial management;
- Basic research and analytical skills;
- Intermediate computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Commitment to enhancing the quality of life of older persons in our communities;
- Previous experience in aged care preferred but not essential;
- Right to work in Australia.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.