Latest COVID-19 Christmas period update for NSW Whiddon families
We have received advice today, 23rd December from NSW Health regarding the current COVID-19 situation. As a result of the current cluster in the Northern Beaches, our initial COVID-safe Christmas Plans have had to be amended. There have been no cases of COVID-19 at any of Whiddon’s care homes.
Until at least Wednesday, 30 December 2020 the following directives are in place:
- Up to two visitors per day from Greater Sydney excluding Northern Beaches LGA are permitted to visit residents in regional facilities
- For our residential aged care facilities in regional NSW, there are no restrictions on people from regional NSW visiting residents in regional facilities
- Our regional homes include all homes other than Easton Park and Hornsby
- All staff and visitors must wear a mask in the care facilities
If visits can be delayed and a later festive gathering organised, please consider this.
Outings and Excursions
Residents who are from facilities outside Greater Sydney are able to leave the facility to attend family gatherings or group excursions outside Greater Sydney, if there will be no persons at the event that during the last 14 days have been:
- a close contact of a person confirmed with COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- in any of the locations listed on the self-isolate and get tested immediately page, at the times and dates listed
- in any of the locations listed on the monitor for symptoms page, at the times and dates listed, except where noted otherwise
During this Christmas period, our local communities are often filled with holiday makers from Sydney so we suggest avoiding busy areas such as restaurants and shopping centres.
Residents in facilities outside Greater Sydney who leave the facility and meet these requirements will not be required to self-isolate on return.
If you do have any questions, please call 1300 738 388. We wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas.