We understand that the last few weeks have been difficult due to the restricted visiting that’s in place to protect residents.
We have come up with a way of enabling risk free visiting, and we hope that you will try it! It’s a great way for you to be able to see your loved one, and you can bring a limited number of other family members. Risk free visits involve:
- Not entering the care home but accessing the outside in a designated area where you will be able to see your loved one
- There will be a physical barrier in place, such as a window or doorway to ensure that there is no infection risk
- We will have staff assisting your family member and the visit with a telephone (so that you can still talk to each other)
- Chairs will be provided for your comfort. And other arrangements will be made if it is cold or bad weather.
For family members hoping to try this risk free visit, please be aware of the following:
- Bookings are essential. You will need to call the Care Home and book in a visiting time.
- A maximum of 2 people can visit
- Please cancel your visit if things change and you are unable to come due to ill health or other reasons.
- When booking, you will be asked if you are well and without symptoms of cold and flu. Please do not arrange a visit if you or anyone else accompanying you has symptoms
- Visits will be restricted to 30 minutes only to ensure that everyone gets a chance to enjoy these visits
- A staff member will meet you outside the reception doors to take you to the dedicated area. Our reception doors will be locked, so please ring the team at reception when you arrive if the staff member isn’t there already
- Please do not wander around the outside of the care home unaccompanied while you wait for them
- Please bring your own refreshments and equipment that you might need for comfort (other than a chair, which we will provide) as we sadly are unable to offer you anything.