Update for Whiddon Hornsby and Whiddon Easton Park families
Thursday 7 January 2020
We received further advice from NSW Health today, 7 January. We are pleased to advise that residents at Whiddon Easton Park and Whiddon Hornsby can now have a maximum of two visitors per day. These can be different visitors at different times, but is limited to two visitors per day for each resident. However, visitors residing in the following areas are excluded from visiting until further notice.
In addition, and until further advised, all staff and visitors to aged care homes in NSW must wear a surgical mask when attending residential aged care homes.
Under the directives, staff and visitors must be excluded from residential aged care homes in NSW if:
• They live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
• Have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
• Have a fever (37.5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
• Are a close contact of a person confirmed to have COVID-19 and in within their self-isolation period
• Reside in any of the locations listed above
To help keep everyone safe, it is important to follow our guidelines when visiting a Whiddon care home. Please find these below as a reminder.
• Visits will need to be booked in prior to visiting – you can book your visit through the administration team at your loved one’s care home
• Please do not visit if you have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days or to any hotspots or LGA’s as identified by NSW Health
• Please do not visit if you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
• Please do not visit if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone unwell
• Please do not meet in common areas. Go directly to the designated area (our team will advise you of where this when you make a booking)
• Adhere to physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m from others at all times
• Please remember that our staff are here to help. Any aggressive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated
We will provide another update once we receive further advice from NSW Health.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 1300 738 388.