Update to Moree families and friends
Update 3 September 2020
Across our homes and services, Whiddon has implemented important measures to help protect residents against the spread of COVID-19. We are pleased to advise that we have had no cases of COVID-19 at Whiddon Moree or at any of our other care homes.
As of Monday 7 September, please note that the following considerations and requirements apply when visiting Whiddon Moree:
- Visits will be via a booking system. Visits can be booked ahead through Whiddon Moree’s administration team. We will do our best to accommodate your request
- Visiting hours will be between 9am and 4pm on weekdays and 10am until 2pm on weekends and public holidays
- There is a maximum of two visitors per resident at any one time and visits are for up to one hour (longer visits can be approved by the Director Care Services).
- Residents can have two visitors per day each and visits are to take place in the resident’s room, not in common areas
- Risk-free visits can be accommodated, please speak to the team to request such a visit
- You must show evidence of your 2020 flu vaccination (as required by the Government)
- When visiting, your temperature will be taken and you will be required to complete a health and exposure declaration form
- Please do not visit if you have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days or to any listed COVID-19 hotspots
- Please do not visit if you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
- Practice hand hygiene when you enter or leave the care home
- Please do not visit if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone unwell
- Please do not meet in common areas. Go directly to the resident’s room or designated area
- Adhere to physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m from employees and other residents
- Children under 16 years of age may now visit our care homes, but must be supervised at all times
- Residents may attend small family gatherings outside of the care home, however, we are required to undertake a risk assessment, so please speak to the Director Care Services in advance
Our visiting options align to the Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care homes during COVID-19 and we continue to follow government guidelines. We are also keeping aware of the COVID-19 situation in our local communities and will closely monitor the situation if there is an outbreak in the local area. Our priority is to continue to keep everyone safe during this time.
We thank you for your support and cooperation.