Assistant in Nursing – Bourke
- 14 October, 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Aged Care Home at Bourke is currently seeking experienced and passionate Assistants in Nursing to join our team! With multiple casual positions available across day, evening and night shifts, there is the potential for a position to go permanent for the right candidate. Reporting to the Registered Nurse on duty, the Assistant in Nursing position is responsible for effectively providing personal care services that meet the needs of clients and promote positive client outcomes.
In particular, this role is responsible for:
- Providing personal care services to meet client needs such as showering, toileting, dressing, assistance with meals, oral and dental care, foot care.
- Providing hospitality services to meet client needs such as bed-making, general cleaning and tidying of client rooms, and preparation of light meals and snacks outside of scheduled meals.
- Supporting the clinical management team by following the Care Plan and clinical procedures in areas such as pain management, palliative care, nutrition and hydration, skin care, continence management, behavioral management, mobility dexterity and rehabilitation, sensory loss, and sleep.
- Following documentation procedures to support continuity of care planning and maximise client funding such as recording observations, documenting in Progress Notes, and completing other documentation such as Accident Incident Reports.
- Providing services safely by following procedures in areas such as infection control, manual handling, and food safety.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Certificate III qualification in Aged Care work or similar
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- General understanding of the principles of person centered care
- Commitment to providing a high standard of customer service
- A demonstrated passion for caring for older people in our communities
- A positive and forward thinking approach to care
- The right to work in Australia
- Previous relevant experience in the same or similar role
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.