ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has become available for multiple talented Assistants in Nursing to join the Whiddon Belmont team on a part-time and casual basis. With shifts available across day, evening and night shifts, the Assistant in Nursing is responsible for providing exceptional personal care services to meet the needs of residents, and working together as part of a team to promote positive client outcomes. Availability to work night shifts is desirable.
If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognises the contribution of staff through education and support programs, then this position is for you.
In particular, this role is responsible for:
- Providing personal care services to meet client needs such as showering, toileting, dressing, assistance with meals, oral and dental care, foot care.
- Providing hospitality services to meet client needs such as bed-making, general cleaning and tidying of client rooms, and preparation of light meals and snacks outside of scheduled meals.
- Supporting the clinical management team by following the Care Plan and clinical procedures in areas such as pain management, palliative care, nutrition and hydration, skin care, continence management, behavioral management, mobility dexterity and rehabilitation, sensory loss, and sleep.
- Following documentation procedures to support continuity of care planning and maximise client funding such as recording observations, documenting in Progress Notes, and completing other documentation such as Accident Incident Reports.
- Providing services safely by following procedures in areas such as infection control, manual handling, and food safety.
- WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Certificate III qualification in Aged Care work or similar
- Minimum 6 months RAC experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- General understanding of the principles of person centered care
- Commitment to providing a high standard of customer service
- A demonstrated passion for caring for older people in our communities
- A positive and forward thinking approach to care
- The right to work in Australia
- Previous relevant experience in the same or similar role
- Previous experience working with dementia a bonus.
- Availability to work across night shift is desirable.
- In accordance with government requirements, all employees joining Whiddon are required to have the influenza vaccination. Some exemptions apply based on specific medical grounds.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.