Sous Chef/Kitchen Team Leader- Maclean
- 31 March, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Kitchen team leader to join our Maclean Residential team as the Kitchen Team Leader. This role is suited for an experienced Chef and is an ideal position for someone who is looking for a new experience and looking to work with an innovative and progressive organisation.
Reporting to the Director Care Services and with support from the Hospitality Team within Support services, you will lead and mentor the Catering Team members at our home in Largs. You will be an efficient individual with the ability to produce outstanding food and implement a memorable dining experience for our residents and their families.
The Kitchen Team Leader is responsible for effectively coordinating quality food services for the residents. In carrying out this role, the Kitchen Team Leader is responsible for:
- Coordinating food and beverage services by ensuring services are provided as planned, allocating duties to team members, resolving team member and clients concerns and liaising with senior management
- Planning food and beverage services, and stock ordering and control.
- Compliance to the company’s menu and hospitality philosophy
- Participate with required meetings internal and external.
- Meeting with residents for feedback on the overall dining experience.
- Providing food and beverage services such as meal preparation, meal presentation, setting and clearing dining areas.
- Providing cleaning services such as cleaning kitchen/dining areas, cleaning food service equipment, and washing up.
- Supporting senior staff to evaluate food services by reviewing client complaints, minimising wastage, reviewing stock ordering and use, and adjusting menus to better meet client needs.
- Following the company’s food safety program and conducting internal food audits throughout the year.
- Ensuring all food safety compliance paperwork is maintained in an orderly manner.
- May be required to assist in other operations from time to time.
- Proactively lead the catering team in food safety and dining services
- Provide feedback on equipment and general kitchen operational issues
- Provide meals to external parties and liaising with our external clients
- Certificate IV in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) is highly regarded
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar position
- Demonstrated previous experience managing a small team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft excel and word
- Understanding of Aged Care food requirements including specialised diets.
- Demonstrated leadership and training skills
- Commitment to providing a high standard of customer service
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.