About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced and passionate Property Services Manager to join our Support Services team on a permanent full-time basis. Located in Glenfield, the Support Services Office is close to public transport and the M5, with Glenfield train station within walking distance, and free onsite parking available.
Working closely with the General Manager Property Services, the Property Services Manager will provide leadership and management of Whiddon’s property portfolio within the Northern region. The successful candidate will be responsible for forward planning, preventative maintenance programming, budget management, as well as beautification and sustainability projects.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities, and implementing changes to achieve efficiency gains in the maintenance and management of Whiddon’s Northern Property Portfolio (inclusive of services located in Wingham, NSW through to Beaudesert, QLD and West to Bourke, NSW).
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative, regulatory requirements including Whiddon’s policies and procedures;
- Providing the highest outcomes in the standard of Whiddon’s properties including maintenance, within budgetary limitations;
- The project management of relevant property projects, commissioning of newly built or refurbished environments;
- Identifying, investigating and engaging third party contractors to support reactive and proactive maintenance/project works, including the establishment and management of contractor KPI’s;
- Providing leadership, direction and training of maintenance officers to ensure the highest standards of maintenance, and adopting a culture of organisational learning and continuous quality improvement;
- Providing ongoing support to senior managers in environmental management of their services/premises;
- Working collaboratively with all members of the Property Team to ensure processes, policies and procedures are effectively implemented, and make amendments where applicable;
What we look for
- High level experience and competency in Planning, Maintenance Management, Operational Management, Project Management, Time Management, Customer Relations and Contractor Management;
- Tertiary qualifications in Building or Facilities Management, together with an associated professional affiliation;
- Related qualifications and competence in Property Management/Property Services and Maintenance;
- Demonstrable effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Current White card;
- Demonstrated skills in risk identification, assessment, root cause analysis and rectification;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the WHS Act, EP & A Regulations relating to essential services and fire regulations, and safe evacuation procedures for Aged Care, Retirement Living, and office based environments;
- Sound working knowledge of BCA standards and legislative requirements for Aged Care and Retirement Villages;
- Comprehensive experience working in a flexible, multi-skilled team environment and advanced interpersonal, communications and customer service skills;
- Highly skilled in the effective use of technological solutions including Building Management Systems, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Asset Maintenance Management Systems;
- Right to work in Australia;
- Current NSW Drivers license.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Please refer to our Hiring Policies for further detail.