ABOUT THE ROLE
The Whiddon Group has been providing health care services for over 60 years. We provide residential, community and independent living options to over 1700 clients across metropolitan and regional NSW. Well resourced and committed to creating quality client experiences, our workforce of over 1600 team members is passionate about what they do.
The Whiddon Group Kyogle is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Officer to join the team on a casual basis. Our Maintenance officer reports to the Director Care Services and works alongside the Deputy Director Care Services and other staff and managers within our facility.
Whiddon is a not for profit organisation that has been caring for older Australians in NSW for the last 70 years. As an organisation that provides services in regional, rural and remote NSW, we are often at the heart of our local communities both as an employer and important provider of aged care services.
At Whiddon we are here to support our clients and residents to have a better quality of life, health and wellbeing. Going beyond in the way we care for and connect with clients, residents, team members, families and communities is what makes us unique.
Our goal is to enrich the lives of older people and to do this we value our staff and empower them to work in a supportive and collaborative manner to build an outstanding service.
- The Supervision and coordination of site personnel
- Implementation, review and maintaining planned preventative programs in accordance with corporate manual
- Undertaking hands-on repairs and within their scope of trade
- Ensuring the appearance and condition of the Aged Care facility, plant, equipment are of a quality standard to provide a pleasant and safe environment for our residents, staff and visitor
- Ensuring the landscaping is maintained neat and tidy
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant trade or certificate qualifications
- Relevant Experience
- Strong communication Skills
- General Computer Skills
- Excellent time management and multi tasking skills
- The ability to work and liaise with contractors
- Previous experience in maintenance and gardening
- A current NSW driver’s license
- The right to work in Australia
While previous aged care experience is preferred, it is not essential.
As a Whiddon employee, you will receive a number of benefits when working with us. They include-
- FBT/Salary packaging
- Scholarship program
- Career development opportunities
- Wellbeing program
- Mentoring and on the job learning
- Conferences, external education and on the job learning
If you would like to find out more about this position, please contact Kathy Gibson, Director Care Services on (02) 6632 5600. To apply please click on the ‘apply now’ link below and attach a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.