ABOUT THE ROLE
Whiddon at Easton Park at Glenfield is seeking Aged Care experienced Registered Nurses to join our fantastic team on a temporary fixed term contract. This role involves leading a team and providing guidance as you oversee the clinical care provided.
Positions available are:
1. Day shift 0630-1500 Monday to Thursday 64 hrs p/f until March 2019
2. Night shift 2115-0645 Friday to Sunday 57 hrs p/f until February 2019
WHY WORK FOR WHIDDON
Whiddon is an award winning, not for profit organisation that has been caring for older Australians in NSW for over 70 years. As an organisation that operates in regional, rural and remote NSW, we are often at the heart of our local communities both as an employer and provider of aged care services.
At Whiddon we are here to support our clients and residents to ensure a better quality of life, health and wellbeing. Going beyond in the way we care for and connect with clients, residents, team members, families and communities is what makes us unique.
Our goal is to enrich the lives of older people and to do this we value our staff and empower them to work in a supportive and collaborative manner to build an outstanding service.
As a Whiddon employee, you will receive a number of benefits when working with us. They include:
- FBT/Salary packaging options
- Scholarship and leadership programs
- Career development opportunities
- Wellbeing program
- Mentoring and on the job learning
- Conferences and external educationYOUR DUTIESIn this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing clinical services outcomes as required by the Care Plan;
- Leading a team to deliver high level care by modelling a positive, fun and solutions focused approach;
- Overseeing the effective workforce planning of staff to ensure the delivery of care as required by the care plan;
- Being a champion for client rights and the creation of a culture where clients are respected as individuals and reporting and addressing of client related concerns is supported.WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A Registered Nurse qualification with current APHRA registration
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an RN preferably in an Aged Care setting.
- Proven skills in clinical care, clinical decision making and palliation;
- Experience and understanding of ACFI
- Demonstrates person centred care through case conferencing and supporting the residents and their families to adapt to the residential lifestyle;
- Enjoys the challenge of managing the care team and supporting their care delivery to our residents;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aged Care accreditation Standards and understanding of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Experience in managing/mentoring care staff
- The right to work in Australia.HOW TO APPLYTo find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at The Whiddon Group then visit our website www.whiddon.com.au/careers-volunteering. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria.Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice