ABOUT THE ROLE
The Whiddon Group is a large not for profit aged care organisation with services throughout NSW. We provide residential, community and independent living options to over 1700 clients across metropolitan and regional NSW. With 70 years of experience, we’re well established with a fantastic record of providing quality client care.
A wonderful opportunity has become available at our Grafton facility for an experienced senior RN to take the next step in their career as Deputy Director Care Services. With 110 beds, this new, state of the art facility is looking for an exceptional leader who has the vision and capability to work and take our service from strength to strength. This position will see you joining a great community, with fantastic managerial exposure and work/life balance.
WHY WORK FOR WHIDDON
Whiddon is an award winning, not for profit organisation that has been caring for older Australians in NSW for 70 years. As an organisation that operates in regional, rural and remote NSW, we are often at the heart of our local communities both as an employer and provider of aged care services.
At Whiddon we are here to support our clients and residents to ensure a better quality of life, health and wellbeing. Going beyond in the way we care for and connect with clients, residents, team members, families and communities is what makes us unique.
Our goal is to enrich the lives of older people and to do this we value our staff and empower them to work in a supportive and collaborative manner to build an outstanding service.
As a Whiddon employee, you will receive a number of benefits when working with us. They include:
- FBT/Salary packaging options
- Scholarship and leadership programs
- Traineeships, mentoring and on the job training
- Career development opportunities
- Wellbeing program
- Conferences and external education
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, your will be responsible for:
- Managing clinical and hospitality service outcomes.
- Managing employees on a day to day basis.
- Putting your stamp on quality, infection control and service based learning and development.
- Supporting the Director Care Services to meet financial and budgetary goals.
- Supporting the Director Care Services to plan services.
- Fostering a culture where learning, service, safety, improvement and team work is encouraged, supported and valued.
- Championing client rights and the creation of a culture where clients are respected as individuals, and reporting of client related concerns is supported
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Strong clinical experience;
- Strong ACFI experience with attention to detail;
- Significant experience working with, leading and managing a team;
- Highly organised, flexible and committed to exceptional resident care;
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk;
- Ability to create sustainable and positive relationships with colleagues, residents, families and visiting allied health specialists;
- Relevant degree or tertiary qualification;
- The right to work in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at The Whiddon Group then visit our website www.whiddon.com.au/working-with-whiddon or contact Sandra Osborne, Director Care Services on (02) 6644 2400. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant/s will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.