ABOUT THE ROLE
The Whiddon Group is a large not for profit aged care organisation with services throughout NSW. We provide residential, community and independent living options to over 1700 clients across metropolitan and regional NSW. With 70 years of experience, we’re well established with a fantastic record of providing quality client care.
An exciting opportunity has become available for experienced and passionate Registered Nurses to join the Kelso residential team on a permanent part time and casual basis. If you are passionate about contributing to the improvement of quality of life of the elderly and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognizes the contribution of staff through education and support programs, then this position is for you.
Whiddon is an award winning, not for profit organisation that has been caring for older Australians in NSW for 70 years. As an organisation that operates in regional, rural and remote NSW, we are often at the heart of our local communities both as an employer and provider of aged care services.
At Whiddon we are here to support our clients and residents to ensure a better quality of life, health and wellbeing. Going beyond in the way we care for and connect with clients, residents, team members, families and communities is what makes us unique.
Our goal is to enrich the lives of older people and to do this we value our staff and empower them to work in a supportive and collaborative manner to build an outstanding service.
- Managing clinical services outcomes as required by the Care Plan
- Leading a team to deliver high level care by modeling a positive, fun and solutions focused approach
- Overseeing the effective workforce planning and rostering of staff to ensure the delivery of care as required by the care plan
- Managing and developing employees
- Being a champion for client rights and the creation of a culture where clients are respected as individuals and reporting and addressing of client related concerns is supported.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- A Registered Nurse qualification with current APHRA registration
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an RN
- Experience and understanding of ACFI
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aged Care accreditation Standards and understanding of continuous improvement
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Experience in managing/mentoring care staff
- The right to work in Australia.
As a Whiddon employee, you will receive a number of benefits when working with us. They include-
- FBT/Salary packaging
- Scholarship program
- Career development opportunities
- Wellbeing program
- Mentoring and on the job learning
- Conferences, external education and on the job learning
To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at The Whiddon Group then visit our website www.whiddon.com.au/working-with-whiddon or contact Nicole Mahara, Director Care Services on (02) 6330 7000. To apply please click on the ‘apply now’ link below and attach a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Whiddon does not accept any recruiter or supplier default charges unless under a Whiddon agreement for services.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.