Update to Whiddon families in NSW
Friday 8 January 2021
Due to the COVID-19 situation in Brisbane, we have received updated advice from NSW Health today relating to our care homes in NSW.
Until further notice, residential aged care facilities in NSW must exclude visitors who:
- Have been to the following Queensland local government areas since 2 January 2021 – City of Brisbane, Logan City, City of Ipswich, Moreton Bay Region, Redland City, Lockyer Valley Region, Scenic Rim Region or Somerset Region *if you have been to any of these locations since 2 January and have attended any of our care homes, can you please advise a Registered Nurse or senior member of the care home you have been to immediately.
- As advised yesterday, residents from The northern area of the Northern Beaches, The City of Wollongong, Cumberland City Council local government area, The Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council local government area are excluded until further notice
Under the directives, all staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask within the care home and visitors must be excluded if:
• They live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
• Have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
• Have a fever (37.5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
• Are a close contact of a person confirmed to have COVID-19 and in within their self-isolation period
To help keep everyone safe, it is important to follow our guidelines when visiting a Whiddon care home. Please find these below as a reminder.
• Visits will need to be booked in prior to visiting – you can book your visit through the administration team at your loved one’s care home
• Please do not visit if you have travelled from overseas in the past 14 days or to any hotspots or LGA’s as identified by NSW Health
• Please do not visit if you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
• Please do not visit if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone unwell
• Please do not meet in common areas. Go directly to the designated area (our team will advise you of where this when you make a booking)
• Adhere to physical distancing guidelines of 1.5m from others at all times
• Please remember that our staff are here to help. Any aggressive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated
We will provide another update once we receive further advice from NSW Health.