Residential Care at Whiddon
Whiddon has 18 residential aged care facilities across regional, rural and remote New South Wales, each offering wellbeing and lifestyle services, nursing and health care and dementia care services. Our aged care homes vary in size depending on the needs of the local communities, our largest home is in Glenfield with more than 500 residents, and our smallest are in Bourke and Walgett with 12 and 8 residents.
No matter the size of our homes, we have a strong Whiddon experience based around helping our residents live how they want to live, and stay connected to the people, activities and communities that are important to them.
Our residential aged care homes offer a great range of health, wellbeing, personal care and leisure and lifestyle activities. Our services vary slightly between locations and may include:
- 24 hour care and support services with dedicated, qualified and caring staff
- GP and specialist services (physiotherapy, osteotherapy, speech therapy, podiatry)
- Specialist dementia care (available in many of our homes)
- Nutrition and exercise programs
- Full cleaning and laundry services
- Onsite beauty salons or visiting hairdressers
- Onsite cafes
- Wireless Internet
- Award winning food and dining
- Regular social outings, including day trips on our private buses, visiting cafes for morning tea, shopping trips and picnics.
There’s a lot to love at Whiddon
Our homes offer a range of complimentary services and programs that are exclusive to Whiddon:
- Complimentary Premium Foxtel
- Creative ageing programs – HenPower, VintageBites and Art Programs
- Memory programs
- Fantastic community based programs linking our homes and residents with local schools, gardening groups, Men’s Sheds and community groups.
Our approach to care
At Whiddon, we know that creating a safe, supportive and home-like environment is important for our residents.
We believe in caring for the whole person, from providing quality nursing care to ensuring we support our residents’ social, physical and emotional needs. Our approach to care is based on strong relationships between our residents and staff and we know that these relationships are very important to our residents’ wellbeing.
Our residential aged care homes offer a caring and home-like environment, supporting your health, wellbeing, social and spiritual needs. Our vibrant social program of regular events, high teas, special dining experiences, shopping and social trips, theme days, parties and community festivals makes for an inclusive, family-like environment for our residents.
All of our residential homes are fully compliant and accredited by the Australian Government