“Who would’ve thought an 94 year old woman could love a chicken?” – Verley, Hensioner
HenPower is a creative ageing and animal therapy program that incorporates creative activities and art with keeping chooks. HenPower is a unique program that is at the heart of many of our care homes, bringing life, laughter and great friendships to our residents, staff, families and visitors.
HenPower isn’t just for residents of our homes, the program is at its very best when family members, local schools and the wider community are involved. Many of our homes include local schools and kindergartens in their HenPower program and creative activities.
Meet the Hensioners
The benefits of HenPower
HenPower is part of Whiddon’s Creative Ageing offering and has shown numerous health and wellbeing benefits for residents in our aged care home, including:
- improved general health and well-being
- significant reduction of depression
- reduction of loneliness
HenPower also brings the benefits of animals and pet therapy into residential care, every day.
HenPower in the media
- MindFood Magazine – The Hensioners
- Sydney Morning Herald – Whiddon Group trials HenPower in nursing homes
- ABC – HenPower promotes wellbeing in aged care with the help of chickens